Saturday, October 31, 2009

Exhaustion

I knew from the word go that the site I'd outlined was probably going to be more than I could handle. I would feel a lot better if SOMETHING worked though!

I'm taking a break from problem solving (aka bashing my head against a brick wall) and have just completed my site documentation for it, as is, in all its broken glory. Between this, my other unit's assignment and two Christmas campaigns due to launch on Tuesday (public holiday in Melbourne, guess where my web team's based), I'm whacked.

Stepping back and looking a little more objectively though, I know my knowledge of site coding has increased dramatically from the beginning of the semester and I'm actually pretty confident coding in both HTML and CSS now. It's only when I run into PHP that it all falls down in a broken heap. Even Javascript likes me better than PHP! The date stamp in my Macro Micro Analysis and the Google Analytics applications are both behaving beautifully!

So, I've learnt a lot (yay), but my site doesn't work (boo). At least this means I won't be getting every man and his dog asking me to help out with their site as Bec's enjoying at the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment